Job Summary: The Debt Recovery Officer will assist the Debt Recovery Manager in championing the Institution’s debt recovery program/activities in liaison with all Branch Credit Team as well as the external debt recovery agents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in developing Institutional plan for recovery of all non-performing and written off loans.
- Ensures Branch Credit team carry out prompt follow up and recoveries of non-performing loans.
- Provides debt recovery support to Branches by carrying out field visits in Branches and engaging with defaulting customers.
- Ensures Branches maintain proper record of loan recovery activities including demand notices, recall letters etc.
- Ensures debt recovery activities are carried out in accordance with credit policies and procedures
- Advises and guides Branches on debt collection plan/activities to be carried out for daily recovery non-performing loans
- Prepares cases for handover to external debt collectors and legal action
- Coordinates and follows up with assigned court bailiffs, auctioneers and other debt recovery agents on all allocated loans.
- Work closely with company lawyers to ensure quick disposal of securities pledged for non-performing loans.
- Prepares reports on debt collection activities carried out in Branches to Debt Recovery Manager.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Debt Recovery Officer jobs should hold University degrees in business-related OR Legal fields.
- Qualifications in Credit Administration/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage
- At least two years’ experience in banking/microfinance operations, with exposure to credit or lending and debt collection functions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maturity, honesty, integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Patience and understanding
- To be persuasive, persistent and firm
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 14th March 2019
|Job Category||Accounting jobs in Uganda|