Job Summary: The Program Assistant-Sub Grants will support implementation of activities at the innovation centers in Rhino camp and Bidibidi. Specific activities will include support, assist and monitor activities at the innovation centers, create work plans with partners, create activity reports, work closely with innovation facilitators, strengthening relationships with existing community structures, sensitization of beneficiaries, create after-action-reviews and any other activity as needed. S/he will be a creative, action-oriented problem solver with strong experience in partnership management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close coordination with Project Manager and Officers, organize and support inception and sensitization meetings
- Support community sensitization activities around innovation centers.
- Identify specific topic areas of information needed and develop clear communications plans to effectively disseminate information.
- Registration and profiling of interested program participants.
- Build relationship with implementing partners and control and monitor their activities in coordination with innovation facilitator and program officer at the innovation centers.
- Create activity reports and lessons learned for each activity.
- Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Under guidance of Program Manager, Officer and M&E Officer, participate in any market assessment and baseline/end line data gathering needs.
- Support the development of beneficiary registration tool.
- Support data collection activities including post-distribution monitoring and after action reviews for key activities. Continuous improvement of activities will be expected based on this information.
- Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that will be indicative of program progress during implementation. Respond to queries if and when necessary.
- Maintain proper filing system with activity reports, attendance lists and pictures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Program Assistant-Sub Grants job should hold a Diploma in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Market Development, Economics or closely related field. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Background in humanitarian response and sub grant management preferred.
- Strong community mobilization skills a must.
- Good writing, communication, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Good (English) verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
- Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
- Able to drive a motorbike safely, valid license.
- Able to speak a local language is preferable
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Human Resource Director, Mercy Corps Uganda to: email@example.com. Applications can also be hand delivered to Mercy Corps Yumbe Field Office located on Plot 1, Diku Village, Chinia Village.
Deadline: 31st January 2019
|Job Category||Administrative / Secretarial Jobs in Uganda|