Job Summary: The Legal Officer will provide legal services to support business operations in accordance with company’s policies, procedures and the law.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing legal services to support business operations in accordance with company policies procedures and the law.
- Reviewing and drafting loan documents, mortgages, powers of attorney and other loan and security documents for all Pride products.
- Conducting searches and verify registered collateral presented by clients i.e. land titles, logbooks.
- Ensure timely registration of caveats, mortgages, debentures.
- Execute/witness legal documents on behalf of Pride to make them legally binding.
- Representing the company in courts of law and any other fora.
- Drafting and reviewing agreements, legal documents and Memorandums of Understanding.
- Participating in recovery of written off and bad loans.
- Ensure release of security to clients upon completion of a loan.
- Maintaining and update registers in the department e.g. titles register, keys register, searches register e.t.c.
- Assign cases to Debt Collection Officers for recovery and obtain monthly reports from them.
- Liaising with external lawyers on company matters.
- Preparing periodic reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Legal Officer job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized University and a Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre.
- Should be an enrolled Advocate of the High court of Uganda.
- Must have a valid practicing certificate.
- Two years of working experience from a reputable financial institution and or law firm will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with a Post graduate qualification in Law or Business Finance will have an added advantage.
- Should possess 2 principal passes at A’ level
- Should possess a credit or a pass in Mathematics and English at O’ level
- Should be a self driven, dynamic, self-motivated, team player, results oriented, analytical and with excellent interpersonal skills. He/she should be aged between 25 – 30 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by following the procedure;
- Click Here
- Create an Account
- Fill in your personal information and upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV), including all your scanned academic credentials, 3 letters of recommendation from each of the referees and a passport photo.
- Submit online i.e. no hardcopy deliveries will be accepted
Deadline: 25th January 2019
|Job Category||Legal Jobs in Uganda|